Friday, December 15, 2006

Here is a gift for my chocolate lover!

Lemon Madeleines

Dark Chocolate Brownie Tower

Unlike the other lazy mornings, today I woke up with a list of baking tasks to complete. I seldom bake in Seoul. However today is a special day which I needed to make a gift with my hands.

I would make a sinful dark chocolate brownie with .12kg of the Nestle baking dark chocolate that I bought in France - I brought only 1 kg total to Seoul, I'm saving this chocolate up just for special occasions. This is a treasure in Seoul.

Not only did I make brownies, I baked 2 dozen of lemon madeleines for the gift.

The results were a tray of dense and moist brownies - which were very pleasing- and 2 dozen of deflated madeleines. The taste of the madeleines were really excellent but why wouldn't they rise? Wouldn't that be perfect? I guess the yeast didn't work. What a big disappointment.

Dark Chocolate Brownies

2 eggs

70g sugar

100g butter

125g bittersweet baking chocolate

50g flour

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.

Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.

Mix egg, sugar and flour together until the mixture looks creamy.

Add chocolate butter mixture to the egg mixture and mix them together.

Pour it into a greased baking pan and bake it for 15 mins.

Place the pan on a cooling rack to cool. You can eat the brownie straight out from the oven too. It tastes good while warm.



2 comments:

kEV said...

O God! Beautiful brownies! Go great with cappucino!

IceCat in Seoul said...

Thank you! Too bad no frother to make a cuppucino. A cafe au lait will do too:)