Ding Tai Fung
- Myeong Dong, Euljiro 1-Ga Subway station, Line 2. Tel: 02-771-2778
- Gangnam Station Exit 5. Walk straight for 2 blocks and take a right after Marche. It is located at the same block as Marche.
- A Taiwanese restaurant franchaise, specialising in Shanghai Xiao Long Bao. Long queues on weekend. Fav Dish: Xiao Long Bao dipped in ginger vinegar, Stir-fried Spinach, crab soup.
Crystal Jade Palace
- A Singaporean restaurant Chain serving Cantonese cuisine. Menu: HongKong-style Roast Duck, Peking Duck, Chinese Roast Pork, Dim Sum, XO Beef Fried Rice Noodles
- First Floor, Grand Inter-Continental Seoul, 521 Teheranno, Gangnam-Gu( Samsong Station Line2)
- W10,000 for a basket of 4 Har kow( Steam Shrimp dumplings)
- From the Singaporean chain of Chinese restaurants, serving Shanghainese specialities like Xiao Long Bao and Stewed Pork Belly and the typical Singaporean dessert like Almond Jelly.
- 5th Floor Hyundai Department Main Store 429 Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu Seoul, Korea 135-900
- Dishes from 5,000won. Competitive with Jacky's Kitchen or Din Tai Fung.
Yum China, Authentic Hong Kong Dim Sum
- 1B, I'Park Tower, 160 Samsung Dong, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul. Tel: 02-562-0779
- A Chinese restaurant that has a very lounge feel to it. Contemporary furnishing with beautiful tableware and setting. Most important of all, the Dim Sum there is made by Chinese chefs, I heard some of the chefs speaking Cantonese. Probably the best authentic Dim Sum you can get in Seoul. Downside: Be expected to pay 7,000(7usd) for a basket of 3 Har Kow( steamed shrimp dumplings), plus tax and service. We paid 60,000won for 2, leaving with 3/4 full stomachs.
- A chain bakery from Macao specializing in traditional Portuguese egg tarts with moist flaky crust with delicious creamy egg custard.
- Located in Apgujeong.
chiu chow chinese cuinine, Dim Sum
- Daechi Branch is closed to Daechi subway station, orange line. Next to Dunkin Donuts. Tel: 02-567-6115.
- http://www.station4u.co.kr/ (22/04/09: website not working anymore, perhaps the restaurant closed down?)
Chon Il Bang, Dim Sum & Chinese
- Gangnam subway station, exit 5. Walk straight for 2 blocks and take a right after Marche. Walk for another 2 mins. It's above the dessert factory place, on the 4th floor. There is a glass exterior lift for access. Tel:02-536-3955.
- Over 10 different Dim Sum on the menu. My Recommendations: Pork bun and Glutinous Rice in lotus leaves.