Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Peppers and thoughts


Last Friday, I went on a pepper craze. I snapped up 8 red and orange peppers from my local food market because they were only 4 for 2,000 won.

The following Sunday, I roasted all of them in the oven and prepared my favorite pepper dish: Marinated Peppers in Olive oil and Herbs. It was kept overnight in the refrigerator.

The following Monday, I brought my Marinated Peppers in a plastic zipbloc lunchbox to a lunch picnic. On my way I went to Paris Croissant and bought a baguette with a prejudice that it would never be as good as the baguettes in France, that it would be soft and rubbery, that I was buying a substitute.

I was utterly wrong. When I sunk first my teeth into the slice of baguette I was eating, I could hear the crackling noise. The baguette was croustillant, just as any French would say.

Feeling excited as I anticipated how the baguette and my marinated peppers would complement each other, I topped my slice of baguette with a slice of red pepper. The juicy pepper melted away in my mouth as I took my first bite. The mélange was heavenly!

In the empty park, my subconsciousness told me that I wasn't in Seoul anymore.

2 comments:

kEV said...

Love your blog and that interesting mix of French, Asian and Korean! Come visit mine and share thoughts on great food!

http://minimalistcooking.blogspot.com/

IceCat in Seoul said...

Thank you, I'm going to check out your blog now!